Overview Stronghold Crusader Extreme contains the original Stronghold Crusader and a added "Extreme" component which contains 20 new skirmish missions and multiplayer via Gamespy. The basic gameplay is the same, but the engine has been enhanced to make greater use of modern CPU's, which makes it possible to show up to 10.000 enemies on the screen at once.
To make the game take use of this feature, players start with special barracks that automatically spawn units constantly, which quite fast can enable the players to engage in massive battles.
There is also "Tactical Powers" feature added to the game. The tactical powers consist in spawning troops, acquiring goods or casting field "spells" such as dropping rocks or arrows onto your enemies. After being used you have to wait for them to recharge in order to use them again. The outposts (who constantly spawn units on the field) and the tactical powers are also available in multiplayer. New maps have been added to the skirmish section of the game. A new, extreme crusader trail is available to play. 20 hardcore missions to play against AIs just like in the original Stronghold Crusader.
- Arrow volley attack - drops a rain of arrows onto the selected area. Deals medium damage.
- Heal units - heals all units in the selected area to the maximum.
- Spawn spearmen - as titile says, spawns 40 spearmen in the selected area.
- Spawn engineers - again, spawns 20 engineers in the selected area.
- Spawn macemen - spawns 20 macemen in the selected area.
- Uncover gold - gives few thousand gold coins.
- Spawn knights - spawns 10 knights in the selected area.
- Stone volley attack - drops a rain of rocks onto the selected area. Deals heavy damage and can destroy any building or unit in the game.
Minimum system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: Pentium® III 500 Mhz (1 Ghz recommended)
- RAM Memory: 128MB (256MB recommended for multiplayer)
- Hard Drive Space: 850MB
- Video Card: 4MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 Compatible