Robotica has 30 levels, most of them having a maze-like design. Sometimes, a light swich must be found in the level before it is completely visible. Additionally, a computer can be found in each level that will reveal the full map, and each level can only be completed when a key is collected.
There are a number of guns and sub weapons in the game.
- Arm Punch - Melee attacks an enemy.
- Vulcan - The weakest gun.
- Laser - Stronger then the Vulcan but fires at a slower rate.
- Missile - The strongest weapon, but the ammo is limited.
- Blaze Lazer - Terminates all enemys that are currently on screen.
- Hover Jet - Moves forward at a fast speed.
- Power Booster - Increases attack power.
- Plasma Barrier - Increases defence.
- Re Fresh - Revives health.
All 3 of the the normal guns can be upgraded, either with an item or using a cheat system.
- Quattro: Will run into you and explode
- Arobit: A Hovering robot that will shoot at you with lasers, it is stationary
- Volcano: Ground unit that fires a Vulcan cannon
- Griffith: Stronger version of the Volcano, has two Vulcan cannons
- Curve-Goon: Similar to the Arobit, but it can move and uses a powerful Head-mount Cannon
At the time of it's release, Robotica was praised for it's music, then impressive visuals, and dark claustrophobic atmosphere, but was criticized for its repetitive nature.