Home Run Derby presented by State Farm
- New best of the best mode. Test your skills against the top 20 HR hitters.
- Classic mode streamlined for faster gameplay
New Playoffs Mode
- Jump right into a playoff scenario without having to play through a whole season.
- Get all of the rewards of the World Series celebrations if you win.
Topps Trading Cards
- Greatly simplify the user experience to unlock trading cards. Better players are harder to unlock.
- Unlock them both by playing with, and against, the player.
- Build trading card teams with no budget restrictions and take them online.
- Review the trading cards in books anywhere in the game.
- Add SFX and graphic overlays to in-game replays to create your own highlight reel.
- You can have the game digitize the reel and upload it to 2KSports.com to share with the world.
- Rate reels and directors through our simple 2Krating system.
- View all of your user stats in one place.
- Your abilities are graphed out, displayed in chart form, and comparable against league averages.
- Implement the new Sony PS3 trophy system.
- On 360, each time you unlock an achievement, you get a new trophy added to your display case.
- Pitching – Unique pitching controls with increased accessibility for pick-up-and-play users.
- Improved pitching controls - Simplified controls to 2-step pitching – hold and gesture.
- Catcher’s will call for pitches according to the hitter’s weaknesses.
- Influence hit – The users will be able to influence a fly ball or groundball with new controls.
- New bunting controls – Improved bunting will make it easier to lay down a bunt.
- Zone hitting – Users will be able to put the bat on the ball with our new zone hitting feature.
- Hit distribution – Improved hit distribution for a wide variety of hits.
- Fielding – Upgraded fielding system with new ability to quick throw when in a rush.
- Fielding AI – Improved fielding AI will highlight the player’s true ability.
- Quick Throws – Quick throws will allow the user to throw on the run or start a double play quicker.
- Hold the ball – Users will be able to cancel a throw and throw to a different direction on the fly.
- Simplified controls for the user for stealing and baserunning.
- More than 300 new signature animations, making MLB 2K9 the most realistic baseball sim to date.
Real-time Living World
- Anything that happens in a baseball stadium happens in 2K9 in Real Time.
- Players will move from the dugout to the batter’s box and from the bullpen to the mound.
- Players warm up by throwing around the horn, bat swinging practice, etc.
- Umpire, ball boys, coaches – All on-field personnel will be moving naturally to and from their positions.
- Celebrations – Players will react properly to a regular end-game to walkoff home run, to no-hitter, and World Series celebration.
- Vendors move in the crowd.
- Fans react to home runs and foul balls.
- Len - Steal My Sunshine
- Ted Nugent - Motor City Madhouse
- Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Coming
- Cheap Trick - Hello There
- The Romantics - What I Like About You
- Boys Like Girls - On Top of the World
- Coheed & Cambria - Favor House Atlantic
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- Hey Monday - Should've Tried Harder
- Lit - Lipstick and Bruises
- SR-71 - Right Now
- Loverboy - The Kid is Hot Tonight
- Nortec Collective - Tengo La Voz
- Chris Sernel - Take It or Leave It
- Daniel Lenz - Groovin' Now
- Dirty Secrets - White Lies
- Royal Temple - Block Party