Melty Blood: Actress Again is a horror-fantasy 2D fighting game developed by Ecole (in conjunction with Soft Circle French-Bread and Type-Moon) and released by Sega for arcades (using Dreamcast-based Sega NAOMI hardware) exclusively in Japan on September 19, 2008.
The sequel to Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, Actress Again further revamps the gameplay by introducing the Moon Style system (allowing players to choose from three "variations" of each character, each with alternate movesets and abilities).
The game was later ported to the PlayStation 2, with a Japanese-exclusive release by Ecole on August 20, 2009.
Crescent Moon Style
For those that want little to no change from Act Cadenza should pick this style. Every character from Act Cadenza in Crescent style has the same movelist intact but some have slight changes and additions. One example is Nanaya's 623B where now the end of his kick ends in a quick grab. The magic circuit bar works the same as well from Act Cadenza. If you have over 100% in your magic circuit, you can enter Heat mode while having max allows you to enter Blood Heat mode.
Full Moon Style
For those that want to start a new life with their character should choose this style. Characters' movelist from Act Cadenza have been replaced with completely different attacks and/or modified current attacks. This style is a little harder to combo with most characters. You can ONLY enter Blood Heat mode ,but in return you can charge up and fill your magic circuit in Dragonball Z fashion.
Half Moon Style
This style is a mix of the movelist of Full Moon and Crescent Moon. You get the best of both styles in the sacrifice that your magic circuit can only go up to 200% (Default = 300%). This means you can ONLY enter Heat mode.
- Dust of Osiris (unplayable boss)
- Shiki Ryougi (guest character from the light novel series Kyo no Kyoukai, added in the PS2 version)
- Shiki Tohno (has an alternate "Nanaya" version)
- Sion Eltnam Atlasia (has an alternate "Tatari" version)
- Akiha Tohno (has an alternate "Vermilion" version, also has a new unlockable "school uniform" version in the PS2 version, also has an unplayable giant "G-Akiha" version as a hidden boss in the PS2 version)
- Arcueid Brunestud (has an alternate "Red" version, also has an unlockable "Archetype: Earth" version as a hidden boss in the PS2 version)
- Hisui (can tag-team with Kohaku)
- Kohaku (can tag-team with Hisui, and can tag-team with Mech-Hisui as an unlockable in the PS2 version)
- Mech-Hisui (in the PS2 version, she can tag-team with either Kohaku or Neco-Arc as unlockables)
- Len (has an alternate "White" version)
- Neco-Arc (can tag-team with Mech-Hisui as an unlockable in the PS2 version)
- Neco-Arc Chaos (added in the PS2 version as a hidden unlockable)