Dokapon Gaiden: Honoo no Audition ("Dokapon Side-Story: Audition of Fire") is a Super Famicom exclusive RPG/board game hybrid and part of the Dokapon series of same. It was also a game that became available through the Satellaview service, as well as the Japan-exclusive Nintendo Power cart-writing service. It is the third game in the series, following Kessen! Dokapon Okukoku IV: Densetsu no Yuusha Tachi and Dokapon 3-2-1.
Dokapon Gaiden sets itself apart by offering many different boards with different themes besides the standard fantasy setting of the original game. The game features seven boards, each with their own configuration of board tiles and special thematic events:
- A standard fantasy board with a simple diamond configuration.
- A medieval Japan board which is separated into four areas.
- An aquatic stage where the board tiles sit on top of jellyfish, and is also split up into four sections.
- A giant gramophone surrounded by musicians. Like the first board, it's a simple circuit.
- A steam train passing through the Wild West.
- A graveyard/horror themed stage with undead enemies.
- A science-fiction setting in space that is separated into many small areas.