Set in December 2021, after the events of the last game (and Yakuza: Like A Dragon), Takayuki Yagami continues his work as a private detective and outside investigator for the Genda Law Office where he used to work. While assisting his friends Makoto Tsukumo and Fumiya Sugiura in opening up their own branch of the private detective agency in Yokohama, Yagami uses his skills to help the private Seiryu High School deal with a bullying crisis.
However, the case takes a strange turn when Genda's latest client, a policeman on trial for sexual battery, mentions that a teacher was killed in revenge for bullying his son into suicide. Now Yagami must get to the bottom of the mysteries surrounding Seiryu, the murder of a student-teacher for bullying, and why the policeman sentenced for his train groping would admit to knowledge of an even worse crime.
Released March 28, 2022.
Set after the events of the main game, Yagami is taking a long time on his most recent case, chasing down a suspect in the mountains, leaving Kaito by himself to manage the Yagami Detective Agency. After helping Issei Hoshino bust a fake detective agency run by ex-yakuza, Kaito hears of a tech CEO, Kyoya Sadamoto, offering 20 Million Yen to find his wife who supposedly committed suicide two years ago somewhere in rural Chiba. Furthermore, the missing wife looks a lot like Kaito's ex-girlfriend, Mikiko Sadamoto. Kaito turns down the case, but after running into her son Jun in Kamurocho, Kaito finds himself pulled into the search anyway. Is Mikiko still alive? Is Jun actually Kaito's son? And what's the connection with the new serial killer in Kamurocho murdering young executives?
Lost Judgment retains most of the action of the previous game, with some differences.
- Bosses no longer can deal critical hits that break Yagami's max health.
- Some boss special attacks can be dodged and countered with good timing.
- Yagami introduces a third fighting style (Snake) that is useful for parrying foes and disarming those with weapons.
- Wall jumps and other aerial attacks must be learned with Skill Points.
- Grab attack properties are slightly different.
- In addition to Kamurocho, Yagami can now visit Isezaki Ijincho in Yokohama (the main setting of Like A Dragon) and a fully detailed Seiryu High School.
- Yagami can complete minigames at the school as an advisor for the Mystery Research Club, including a dance contest.
- Yagami can travel quickly along roads by riding a skateboard, and collect special medals that can only be collected while riding the board.
- The Dice & Cube minigame returns, but now there is a AI rival character who tries to beat Yagami to the goal.
- Sonic the Fighters is now playable at SEGA arcade locations.