An expansion of the Granblue Fantasy: Versus fighting game from 2020, Rising will include additional modes, features, and characters while keeping the core gameplay mostly intact.
The core is mostly unchanged: two fighters engage in 1v1 battles until one of them loses all their HP, and continues until one fighter has won enough rounds to win the match. Skills are unique to each character, and can be launched either with a technical combination of joystick movement and button press, or moving the stick in one direction and pushing the Unique Attack button. However, there are some changes from the original version.
New to Rising
- Skills no longer have different cooldowns between simple and technical use.
- Dash Attack: a new attack type for each character to use while dashing.
- Triple Attacks: similar to the Auto-attack function, allowing people to do easier basic combos and end with a high or low strike.
- Online rankings now unique to each character, not just the account of the player using them.
- Crossplay functionality between PS4, PS5, and PC players online.
- Online matches now use rollback netcode instead of standard delay-based netcode.
A series of mini-games featuring chibi-fied characters from Granblue, separate from the main fighting game.
There will be 28 characters released in the based title, including 24 from the original game (after all DLC characters were released).
- Avatar Belial
- 4 characters will be playable in this edition: Gran and three others that will rotate with each update.
- Part 1 of the RPG story mode will be playable.
- Online modes and player lobbies will be accessible regardless of which version any player has. However, Free players will be unable to host or join Room Matches.
- Some features restricted.
Base game at $49.99 MSRP
Available at $74.99 MSRP.