Dragon Ball Z for Kinect is a Kinect-centric sci-fi fantasy first-person fighting game developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by Namco Bandai for the Xbox 360 in Europe (on October 2, 2012) and North America (on October 9, 2012).
From the studio behind numerous fighting games based on the Dragon Ball manga and anime series (including the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series, the Dragon Ball: Raging Blast duology, and Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi), Dragon Ball Z for Kinect uses the eponymous peripheral for full-body motion sensing.
During each battle, the player have limited control over attacking, dodging, and blocking (similar to the "motion sensor cabinet" controls of the 1994 arcade game Dragon Ball Z: V.R.V.S.). In addition, players can perform special techniques (such as charging their Ki and unleashing energy blasts) through specific body and arm movements. Each character also has two super attacks, each requiring players to follow through with the movements listed on screen.
Along with a standard single-player Story Mode (where players progress through 23 matches, throughout the entire main Dragon Ball Z storyline, in progressive order), the game features a "Score Attack" mode where players can play through any one of the 23 matches as an any unlocked character and transformation (54 in total). While there is no multiplayer support, players can use the Card Reader mode to scan QR codes with the Kinect's camera to unlock abilities and characters early.
- Goku vs. Raditz
- Krillin vs. Saibamen
- Goku vs. Nappa
- Goku vs. Vegeta
- Goku vs. Vegeta (Great Ape)
- Goku vs. Captain Ginyu
- Vegeta vs. Captain Ginyu (body swapped w/ Goku)
- Vegeta vs. Frieza (first form)
- Piccolo vs. Frieza (second form)
- Goku vs. Frieza (final form)
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza (100% final form)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan) vs. Android #19
- Piccolo vs. Cell (imperfect form)
- Piccolo vs. Android #17
- Vegeta ("Super Vegeta") vs. Cell (semi-perfect form)
- Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Cell (perfect form)
- Gohan (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Cell (super perfect form)
Majin Buu Saga
- Goku (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Vegeta ("Majin")
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2) vs. Majin Buu (Fat form)
- Gohan ("Ultimate") vs. Majin Buu (Super form)
- Vegito (Super Saiyan) vs. Majin Buu (Super form w/ Gohan absorbed)
- Goku (Super Saiyan 3) vs. Majin Buu (Pure form)
- Vegeta vs. Majin Buu (Pure form)
The game includes 54 playable characters and transformations that can be used in Score Attack mode. Some characters have multiple move sets based on points in the storyline.
- Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
- Gohan (teen Super Saiyan, teen Super Saiyan 2, adult "Ultimate")
- Vegeta (Saiyan Saga, Android Saga Super Saiyan, Android Saga "Super Vegeta", Majin Buu Saga, "Majin")
- Zarbon (normal and transformed)
- Captain Ginyu (normal and body swap w/ Goku)
- Frieza (first, second, third, final, and 100% final forms)
- Trunks (future timeline and future timeline Super Saiyan)
- Dr. Gero
- Android #19
- Android #17
- Android #18
- Android #16
- Cell Jr.
- Cell (imperfect, semi-perfect, perfect, and super perfect forms)
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Vegito (Super Saiyan)
- Majin Buu (Fat, Super, Super w/ Gohan absorbed, and Pure forms)
- Gogeta (Super Saiyan)
- Bardock (Super Saiyan)
- Vegeta (Great Ape)