Makeruna! Makendou 2: Kimero Youkai Souri ("Don't Lose! Magic Kendo 2: Do It! Youkai Prime Minister") is a one-on-one fighting game. The plot takes place after the OAV titled "Makeruna! Makendou", which takes place after the 1993 Super Famicom side-scrolling action game Makeruna! Makendou (known in North America as Kendo Rage). Hikari Tsurugino, the younger sister of the first game's heroine, is invited to take part in a fighting tournament set up by the titular ghostly Prime Minister, taking on rivals old and new.
The game was launched for the Super Famicom in early 1995, eventually seeing a Sony PlayStation port later the same year which expanded the cast of characters and gave them voice actors. It also adds redbook audio and various anime-style FMV cutscenes, including an intro that presents all the game's characters. The PlayStation port was later made available via the PlayStation Network as part of the PS1 Classics range. No version of the game was ever released in English, unlike Kendo Rage.
- Makendo/Hikari Tsurugino: The schoolgirl heroine of Makeruna! Makendou 2 and the sister of the original game's heroine, Mai Tsurugino. When transformed into the superhero Makendo, she uses her martial arts to defeat enemies.
- Masoccer: A boss from Kendo Rage. An anti-hero whose powers revolve around soccer.
- Makkey: A ukelele-playing zombie comedian. Came back from the land of the dead to entertain audiences.
- Madonna: A ballet-dancer who gracefully fights with pirouettes and battements.
- Maririn: Or Marilyn. A portly housekeeper who uses her many cleaning and cooking skills and utensils against opponents. Known as Mamarin in the PlayStation version, who might instead be Maririn's mother fighting in her place.
- Macho: A burly, bearded and flamboyant purple merman.
- Makenka: A male superhero wearing a visor who has been cybernetically enhanced by the villain Dr. Mad. Resembles Proto Man in both appearance and backstory. His stage features a lot of Super Sentai cameos.
- Makenro: Makendo's nemesis, a tennis racket-wielding brunette. Appears in Kendo Rage as a boss. Her name is a play on "McEnroe".
- Makenpo: The game's boss. Has an Egyptian pharaoh theme and fights with his magic, his tail and his flaming fists. Can't be played in the Versus mode usually, but the player can input the following button combination at the title screen to unlock him: X, Y, A, B, X, Y, A, B.
- Garekky: A mid-boss that is unplayable. An enormous mecha, only his limbs can be seen whenever he attacks from the sides of the screen.
- Makendo/Mai Tsurugino: (PlayStation exclusive) The heroine of the original game, Kendo Rage, who attacks with an enchanted kendo blade. She and her sister Hikari are bitter rivals in battle, though fairly close as siblings. In the PlayStation version, Mai is referred to as Makendo while ostensible protagonist Hikari is "Makendo 2", causing the latter some distress.
- Doro-kun: (PlayStation exclusive) The mentor and sensei to both Mai and Hikari, who bowed out of the game's competition in the Super Famicom version. Is named Bob in the North American version of the original Kendo Rage.
- Manenbo: (PlayStation exclusive) A youkai boss from Kendo Rage and a secret character. Is a magical master of disguise, able to change its shape into any other combatant. This game's Shang Tsung.